Pages

Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Long Week-End

Hello All,
I had a super week-end.  We took my DS to so many places to have fun.  I will have to break this post into two since I have lots of pics and tons of stuff.  First, on Saturday, we took my DS to a new park.  It was really nice.  The place was clean and the slides were slick.  His favorite thing in the whole world is to slide.  He loves watching himself slide on the video camera too. 

 This first pic is of Cash and my DH getting ready for a big slide.  He was so excited.  I had to remind him to drink water and get his feet up so he could go fast.  He ran all around the set to get back onto a slide with his little arms up to gain momentum.  I love watching him run.  He had a choice of 4 slides and quickly decided that the one h loved best was the slide that he and I could go down together.  Made my heart melt.
.This next pic is Cash on the go (with daddy following).  I am not sure who had more fun.  We all took turns sliding.  I would add a pic of myself, but I am afraid my hair would scare you (he he eh).  We only stayed for an hour because it got to be 100 degrees by noon.  That's good ol' South Texas for ya.  You have to plan to do everything really early or you could get really really hot.  I also forgot the sun screen.  I really need to keep a small bottle in my bag.  He had such a great time and made a couple of new friends.  It was really neat also because we were close to a military base.  I am sure we owe our thanks to some of the parents there for their service. 

Lizzy Kate "A Sister"
On the stitchy front, I didn't get as much done as I wanted to.  I almost finished the stitch for my baby sitter.  I am hoping to get it done by Thursday, but its looking pretty good.  I will take a better pic tonight.  It rained a bit when I took this pic, so its filled with shadows.  I didn't get a chance to work on my LQ square, but I am on full force for the rest of the week.  I am determined to get it in early.
Well folks, that is it for today.  I have to get back to work so I can earn more stitching money.  A chore, but that darned lottery refuses to cooperate with my winning and retiring to stitch plans.  I will continue tomorrow with another stitchy pic and a trip to the zoo.

1 comment:

Joysze said...

I don't think that darn lottery likes me either.... sigh!

Cash is adorable, Joy!!! and your sister's piece is coming along nicely. Can't wait to see it finished. :D