Pages

Monday, May 2, 2011

Back yard and a Finish

Lots going on today.  Since I am not a political genius, I am going to leave the Bin Laden issue alone.  I have my opinions, but do not see a reason to force anyone to read them........

I also want to say that I will have to break up this post into two days.  I have a bunch of stitchy pics that I want to share but I only have one finish, so I will show more pics tomorrow.

As promised, I have the pics of my back yard.  My blank piece of fabric in desperate need of color.
This first pic is taken from half way across the yard toward the house.  We are going to replace the patio cover (its in bad shape) and rebuild it with ceiling fans.  I plan on having out door linen hung from each end and adding some huge pots filled with King palms.  I will have a few other pots filled with passion flower vines also.  They are my favorite flower.
We will be seeding the yard with Bermuda grass and then I will plant various flowers and shrubs that will attract humming birds and butterflies.  My DS really loves looking at all the tiny creatures Mother Nature offers, so I think it will be nice.  I also want a few items that will attract song birds.
The next pic is of the oak tree that towers over my home.  You can see a branch in the first pic.  Its a nice sized yard with tons of shade.  That is helpful in South Texas.  It gets really hot during summer.
The pic on the left is of the left side of the yard.  Lots of space to fill, but I am up to the challenge this year (I hope).




Now for my finish!!!  Yeah me, its number three (for this year).  That is probably the most I have completed in any given year.


Lizzy Kate "C is for Cure"

This is for my sister-in-law in Dallas.  She had a double mastectomy a few weeks ago.  I used the DMC alternatives because I wanted it to be washable.  Its a bit rustic, but I am sure no one will be too harsh to a one eyed gal.  I am really excited that its my first finish with 28 count fabric.  Its also the first finish on a non-Aida fabric.  Who knows what I will be experimenting with next.
I will have pics of my May projects and a list of goals tomorrow.  Tune in for tomorrow when (dun, dunnnn, duuunnnnnn) I actually may have my other April goal done........

5 comments:

Donna's Stitching said...

You did a great job on C is for cure I have not been brave enough to try 28 count guess I better buy some and try it out
Hugs Donna

luvmyqsnaps@yahoo.com

Joyce Clark Frank said...

A great job on the C for Cure. I am doing my first 28 count also.
Your yard is going to be a lot of work, but well worth it when finished, I am sure.

Joysze said...

Love reading about the plans for your backyard. I hope'll take lots of progress pics and share them with us. :D

Congrats on the finish... I LOVE the color combo and it's definitely NOT rustic. What it is, is sweet and pretty. :D Great job on the 28ct... I can't tell, is it linen or evenweave?

Carol's Stitching said...

Good job on your stitching! :) Stitching on over 2 becomes easier with time; you just had to jump into the pool and from the look of things, you did wonderfully!

Unknown said...

Beautiful stitching!!!