Pages

Thursday, March 4, 2010

New Start


"How very little can be done under the spirit of fear."
- Florence Nightingale

I am beginning a new project this week-end. I have attached a picture of my supplies and chart. Its a freebie from Plum Street Samplers titled "Lovely You". It will be my first attempt after my surgery and I am really nervous. I am so scared that I will not be able to see the fabric, or chart. I picked it because it doesn't have any color changes. The fabric and chart are light and large so they should be easy to see.
Now, the age old question..... What will I be making? Not sure exactly, but I know I will make this into something. Maybe I will frame it so I can set it out to remind me that my world did not get cut in half. Its going to be an important finish for me. I just know if I can finish this, that I can get back into some other things that I used to enjoy. Maybe it will help rid me of the fear I have of doing things outside the house. If I can thread a needle, I know I will be able to walk down the street without walking into a mail box or car. Maybe I can even take stairs without touching the next one with the tip of my toe so I don't miss. Or maybe, just maybe I can walk in the grocery store without assaulting my fellow shoppers (although that was tough with two eyes).
Florence said it best. I need to remember that fear is internal and I am in control of me.

No comments: