Pages

Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Introduction

Hello World,

This is my first blog and my first post. I am excited and scared about beginning this process. I recently lost my eye after 9 years of surgeries and doctors that were unable to diagnose the problem. The blogging process is one of my coping tools, so naturally I am a bit nervous.

After suffering from grieving for my loss (my eye), I realized that I didn't loose something, I simply gained a new perspective. I also gained a chance at new experiences from old activities. Not many people in the world can say they got to try things twice with two different views.

I have my life, my family, and now I have a podium. I will be periodically adding to this with the hopes of making new friends, and letting others know who have suffered from similar experiences, that its OK to not understand why something happens to you. Just know you can deal with it. Life always finds a way.

Sincerely,
Joy

1 comment:

Tracey said...

I am so sorry about the loss of your eye Joy! How awful! But it does sound like you are finding ways to cope and thinking positive. I do hope you will post pics of your stitching here as well! I look forward to getting to know you!
Tracey(bbinteractive)