Pages

Thursday, July 14, 2011

A Random Thought

A few weeks ago, my friend Joyze at Random Ramblings posed the question "Are you a project rotator or a one project at a time stitcher?".  If you haven't read her blog, I highly recommend you stop on by.  She is an amazing stitcher and really really funny. 
Well, I have been thinking about that question for a couple of weeks.  I always thought I was a rotator, BUT I realized I am a one at a time kind of girl.  I get stress out just knowing I have an unfinished stitch.  This doesn't count my UFO's.  I have a few, but I realized they are all on the sidelines because I couldn't see well when I started them.  I was also new at stitching.  I picked one of them up to take a look at how much was left to do and I need to frog quite a bit.  It turns out I wasn't aware that all the stitches should be facing  the same direction. 
Back to the subject......  I bring this up because I haven't posted in a while.  My dilemma is that I have only been working on the Stoney Creek Anaconda.  I figured you guys would be bored with just looking at updates for the same stitch over and over again.  I have been able to put in a few stitches every day, so I have progress, but I really don't know what I should do.  I would appreciate feed back.
On a higher note, I finally got my DH to cut the mounting boards for my Lizzy Kate flat fold.  My Mother will be coming over for dinner tonight, so I am going to ask her to help be glue up that baby.  I am really stoked.  mainly because of that stress I typed about earlier.  Having it unfinished really really bothers me.  I am also almost done with the second one.  I put it down so I could work on the Anaconda, but, I may make that my travel project.  That wouldn't bother me so much because I know I can't work on the other in the car (when my DH drives ;).  Well folks, I am not sure I made sense today, but that is what was on my mind.
Before I go, I also want to say thank you to all of you who gave me the great advise on the terrible two's.  It helped knowing how he sees the situation.  We are getting along much better now.  He even gave me a big hug and a kiss last night after his bath (which he loves). 

3 comments:

Mouse said...

ooo Joy you would be stressed at the mouse house atm with all I am working on ..lol and don't panic about showing us the same piece .. I like to see all bits of progress large or small as very nosey hehehe ... hope the flat fold works out ok with help from mum .. when she's done send her here please @_@ and sooo glad the terrible twos are not quite as bad :) love mouse xxxx

Joysze said...

I, for one, LOOOOOOOOOOVES to see update pictures, doesn't matter if it's the same project, or different projects. So, I say, post post post!!! :D

Way I see it, if people get bored, they can check in periodically, but I would venture to say, most readers would love any and all updates. :D

Thanks for the blog mention. *hugs*

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

I'm a OAAT too, or usually TAAT. I have to have a simple one for the daytime when small boy is running around.
He tried to steal a biscuit off a Year 5 girl at the school sports day this week! Obviously she is an only child who does not know to keep biscuits out of toddlers' reaches! I laugh at the humiliation, last year he refused to run in the Toddler race and sat down in the middle of the track with 250 kids and 250 parents watching us.