Pages

Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Where Did the Time Go?????

It's been such a long time since I have posted.  I didn't mean to stray.  I missed everyone and have loads of news.   First, I would like to say that I have continued my blog stalking, so I can keep up with everyone and their progress.  Love every one's work.  I wouldn't have ventured past DMC and Aida if it weren't for the enabling inspiration everyone provides. ;)
As for life, my DS celebrated his 3rd birthday this past week.  Its been such a wonderful blessing to have him.  I thank the Lord everyday for giving him to me.  The party was awesome (if I do say so myself).   This is a picture of the cake.


 I should point out that I am not creative.  I borrowed this idea from Pinterest.  I may have a better picture of it in my camera.  I will try to get it uploaded or switched out later.  BUT, this was an awesome endeavor.  It only took about an hour to put all of the M & M's on.

On the stitchy front, I finally finished the first project I started after having my eye removed.  It only took two and a half years.  I am not normally that slow, but I get distracted easily (he he he).  I can't decide if I should frame it as a monumental accomplishment or make it into a stitcher's box.  Maybe I should take a poll.  Please let me know what you think.  This is the finished piece.

Plum Street Samplers Freebie Lovely You

As for the HAED I have been promising to post, here you go......  Not very much progress, but its a start.

HAED - Passion Story Keep


Sorry for the cruddy picture.  I will try to get a better one soon.  Hopefully I will be able to pick it up again after the holidays.  I have been distracted (again), by other good news.  My baby brother is getting married. I will have a picture of the sampler in a few days.  I need to finish the beading and a little back stitching.  Wish me luck. ;)

Till next time, keep those needles threaded and frogs away.

Joy

7 comments:

Heather said...

The cake is fabulous! The idea may have come from Pinterest, but you are the one who pulled it off. Fabulous!

Wonderful stitching too. I've yet to tackle a HAED. I think I would get too overwhelmed.

Joysze said...

Happy Belated Birthday to your darling boy!! :D

The cake looks too cool, Joy!!!

congrats on the lovely finish. :D

Southpaw Stitcher said...

The cake is simply too cute to eat, and your Lovely You finish is darling! Love it!

Christina said...

That cake is AMAZING! I bet it was delicious too. I love the finished freebie from Plum Street Samplers. My vote is for A stitchers box.

Bea said...

Your finish is lovely.

The cake looks fantastic - you did a beautiful job with it.

Marcy said...

What a great cake! It looks to pretty to eat -- NOT! I bet it was yummy.

The Maiden said...

I LOVE that cake, it is perfect for a 3 year old I bet he went nuts! I am so excited for your finish, I say frame it! Cannot wait to see more progress on your HAED, I will definately be following your blog!