Pages

Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Merry Christmas

I am so excited this year.  Its the first Christmas that my little one will know what to do with gifts.  Now, I should add that we have gone through great lengths to ensure that he knows the true meaning of Christmas.  Its a birthday party, not a holiday.  The concept of Santa is still not too clear though.  Out attempt at getting a picture with Santa turned into an after school special featuring the Stranger Danger message.

Of course, it doesn't help that Santa's eyes are glowing red (he he he).  And, yes, that is me trying to get my DS to sit still.

On a happier note, I was able to get the ornaments I made for his teachers done.



The pattern is a freebie from The Sampler Girl.  You can find it on her blog here.  You will want many many things when you visit, so consider your self warned. ;)  I used DMC's variegated floss.  I forgot the numbers, but if anyone is interested, please email me.  I am so proud of these ornies.  Its my first attempt that this type of finish.  I know they are bit crooked, but that (to me) is one of the nice things about home made gifts.

I also want to take this moment to say Merry Christmas to everyone.  I want to say thank you to all of my bloggy buddies.  I would never have attempted to try any of the new finishes I have done this year, or try new types of fabric.  I have learned so much from everyone and can't wait to see what treasures everyone of of you creates next year (so I can copy you ;). 
Merry Christmas!!!!!!

5 comments:

Mouse said...

ohhh just love that photo of you both ... poor little man doesn't look happy does he ... way to go on finishing and making up your ornaments for the teacher whooo hooo happy dance for you .... hope you have a lovely christmas and new year too :) love mouse xxx
ps you can copy my creations any time .. would be flattered ..lol xxx

Raven/Missy said...

What a beautiful picture of you and your DS, even if he is a bit scared of Santa! Your ornies look fabulous, I am sure his teachers will love them!

Joysze said...

Awww, cute pic... and the poor little guy, he's like "get me away from here!!!" Hehehehe.

Great job on the ornies, they look fabulous, Joy.

Joysze said...

Ooops... MERRY CHRISTMAS!!! :D

SoCal Debbie said...

How nice of you to make an ornament for the teacher! Thank you for the link to The Sampler Girl.